located in the heart of Surrey's beautiful heathland
Blackheath Village Hall
Blackheath Village Hall is now more than 111 years old and is still a valued facility for use and enjoyment.
Situated at the western end of the village with woods at the rear and fine views of the heath to the front, it is a building of great character both externally and internally. Comprising of a front entrance lobby, main hall [about 15.5m. x 7.8m.], stage, kitchen (with door to side entrance), ladies' and men's toilets, the Hall lends itself to being prepared and decorated to suit most occasions, as well as being a good base for clubs and activities.
There is central heating and a hot water system, and the thick walls plus added insulation ensure that the Hall is warm in winter and cool in summer. The main hall décor is pleasant and the lighting can be dimmed.
The hall is licensed to accommodate a maximum of 120 persons.
There is a bay for disabled parking, and a ramp to the main area. The Hall does not have its own general parking. Parking is usually on the verge to the west of the Hall (on the north side of Blackheath Lane by the woods) or in the Lane itself with due care and consideration. Please do not park on any other area of grass verge.
The village hall was designed by Charles Harrison Townsend (1851-1928) and was paid for by Henry Warner Prescott and completed for Queen Victoria’s diamond Jubilee in 1897.
Bookings can be made with Jane Hayward on 01483 898365.
For children's parties contact Jane Hayward for a quotation.