Blackheath Cricket Club
Blackheath Cricket Club dates from the very early years of the village. In the 1870s, houses started to be built here on the hill for workers from the Chilworth Gunpowder Company in the valley below, and it was those workers who cleared and levelled a patch of heather and founded the club in 1878.
Almost 150 years later, Blackheath Cricket Club is one of the finest village cricket clubs around, with a beautiful ground on the edge of the heath and a magnificent new Arts & Crafts-style pavilion. The club runs several men’s and women’s teams as well as a flourishing junior section and offers a wide variety of cricket from highly competitive league matches to relaxed friendlies against local villages. The bar is open for members and visitors on weekends and food is served on Saturday evenings throughout the cricket season.
New members, including social members, are warmly welcomed. For more information please press the link below to be directed to the club's website.